ASIC Digital Designer
Posted on October 29, 2021
Description and Responsibilities:
Peraso is actively seeking ASIC Digital Designers to support the development of their next generation mmWave wireless technology and Wireless Gigabit (WiGig) chipsets.
The ideal candidate is looking to work and grow in a fast-paced environment and is capable of “wearing many hats”. As a small company, we offer designers exposure to the full ASIC design cycle from initial design specification to final GDS. This is a unique opportunity that is rarely offered by larger companies.
- Advanced RTL coding techniques
- Advanced simulation, synthesis, timing closure, formal verification, and PnR.
- Development of high speed digital logic blocks, such as FIR filters, state machines, data communication/flow control, SoC subsystems, and digital interfaces to analog components (i.e. A/D converters, D/A converters, etc.)
- Creation of technical documentation, such as architecture and design specifications.
- Participation in test plan and coverage reviews
- Enhancements to the ASIC design methodology and flow
- Debug of complex issues both in simulations and in the lab during chip bringup.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering (Master’s Degree Preferred)
- Proven ASIC Design Experience (4+ years minimum)
- Experience using Verilog and Cadence/Synopsys tools
- Design for Verification and UVM experience a plus (i.e. re-usable verification IP, code coverage, functional coverage, assertions, etc)
- Comfortable creating C routines that target an on- or off-chip processor
- Experience with GNU/Linux tools and Tcl, Perl, or other scripting languages
- Some knowledge of DFT and ATPG flows, including SCAN, BIST, MBIST, JTAG, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Peraso is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada. While we are based in Toronto, due to COVID-19 this role can be conducted from any location at present. Our preference is for the incumbent to be Toronto based as some work in the Toronto office will be required.
- This is a regular full-time role that may require some flexibility to work flexible hours throughout the week and provide coverage as required to meet business needs.
We thank all for applying, but only those who meet the requirements will be considered.