RF Board Design Manager
Posted on October 6, 2022
Description and Responsibilities:
We are actively seeking an experienced PCB Board Designer to contribute to our RF module development. The successful candidate must have hands-on experience in board design, with emphasis on high frequency (millimeter wave) applications.
- Manage all board design projects, including product specifications, architecture and PCB stack-up selection, bill of material definition, electrical simulation, schematic capture, power/thermal design, signal integrity, verification and manufacturing.
- Conduct circuit analysis from requirements to formal schematic design using suitable components.
- Perform part library creation and schematic capture.
- Develop comprehensive test plans and test procedures. Lab bring-up and in-depth verification of hardware prototypes.
- Provide all required technical documentation and participate in design reviews to ensure Peraso quality standards are met.
- Actively collaborate with the Board team members as well as other engineering teams to address RF hardware & software integration issues and implement corrective actions.
- Sc. in Electrical Engineering or related field. M.Sc. highly desired.
- At least 8 years of relevant industry experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend various hardware specifications.
- Deep knowledge of design methodologies using the Cadence Allegro (OrCAD). Knowledge of SI/PI tools (Cadence Sigrity, or Ansoft Si Wave, or other relevant tools) is a plus.
- Other relevant experience:
- Circuit debugging and troubleshooting.
- Resolving noise, distortion EMC and issues.
- Understanding PCB technology, assembly and test.
- Hands-on experience with high-speed test equipment and excellent bench skills a plus.
- Thermal budget analysis and thermal model development, an asset.
- Maintain close liaison with vendors and suppliers
- Ability to take on tasks outside area of expertise.
- Hands-on electric designer including BOM selection, schematic capture and support signal and power integrity efforts. Basic layout knowledge is a bonus.
- Understand PCB technology and high frequency material specific requirements. Exposure to RF/mm-wave design a plus.
- Develop and deploy quality systems solutions for managing product Quality and Reliability requirements.
- Experience on quality assurance methodologies. Assess risk and identify issues. Monitors progress against schedule.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted.
Peraso is committed to supporting the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (Ontario), ensuring accommodation for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and employment lifecycle