Staff Hardware Engineer
Posted on August 2, 2022
Description and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for developing, supporting and modifying offload accelerator and controller code (RTL) incorporated in host FPGA(s) from Intel and Xilinx used in, Security and Data Center Edge Compute targeting Machine Learning, Data Analytics, data storage, in memory compute, decision tree classifiers and packet switching.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop RTL Code for next generation offload accelerators (Peraso Virtual Accelerator Engines)
- Work with, or assist, in defining the best solutions for customer specified performance requirements
- Perform detail design and support of FPGA for interfacing to BE(2 and 3)products
- Assist the Product Engineering Group in test and debug of prototype/final product(production)
- Make modifications or improvements to existing and special projects
- Special projects, as requested
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline. MS degree is desirable
- 5 to 10+ years’ experience in RTL development
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform essential functions (Quartus, Vivado tools)
- Thorough knowledge of NC Sim, VCS, and ModelSim, simulation tools
- Knowledge of communications techniques including network protocols-helpful
- Experience with C and assembly programming for communications
- Ability to estimate time required to complete RTL tasks and projects
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good group interaction skills
Physical Demands: Frequently required to maintain a stationary position, operate computers and other office equipment. Must be able to accurately exchange information in person, in writing, via email and telephone. On occasion, may be required to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects and materials of light weight. (15-20pounds).
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted.
Peraso Technologies is committed to supporting the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (Ontario), ensuring accommodation for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and employment lifecycle