Peraso Announces PERSPECTUS Family of Modules for mmWave Fixed Wireless Access
Posted on April 7, 2022
60 GHz Modules with Enhanced 802.11ad/ay Protocol Provide Industry-Leading Efficiency for Point-to-Multipoint, Multi-Gigabit FWA
Download full press release HERE
SAN JOSE, CA – April 7, 2022 – Peraso Inc. (NASDAQ:PRSO) (“Peraso”), a leader in mmWave technology for 5G networks, today announced its new PERSPECTUS™ family of modules enabling high-capacity, Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) networks in the unlicensed 60 GHz spectrum. The PERSPECTUS product family includes a new generation of integrated 60 GHz modules and enhanced software for point-to-multipoint FWA applications.
PERSPECTUS modules allow rapid development of low-cost network equipment utilizing over 14 GHz of V-band spectrum to provide multi-gigabit access services. Leveraging Peraso’s integrated phased-array antennas and operating in the upper channels of the band, link ranges from 1.5 kilometers up to extended ranges of 30 kilometers can be achieved using a parabolic reflector.
In the United States, the wireless Internet service provider (WISP) market has seen significant growth over the last six years. The number of subscribers that WISP providers serve has grown from 4 million in 2016 to 6.7 million currently and could grow to 12.7 million subscribers in 2025, based on a report by the Carmel Group. The PERSPECTUS family of FWA modules is targeted at this growing market to further position Peraso as a leading supplier of mmWave technology. With up to 32 end points, the PERSPECTUS products can provide a material improvement in the total cost of new customer acquisition for WISP providers.
Working with service providers, Peraso has developed a system that delivers high-bandwidth, low-latency data for consumers who utilize UHD streaming and real-time, online gaming services. The complete PERSPECTUS system includes enhancements to the 802.11ad protocol to enable efficient network utilization under dynamic and demanding conditions.
“As another key milestone in broadening our portfolio of leading mmWave solutions, Peraso’s PERSPECTUS product family facilitates the deployment of premium services by internet service providers to the unlicensed 60 GHz band,” stated Ron Glibbery, CEO of Peraso. “We are in a unique position to offer the full stack of mmWave silicon, modules, and software technologies for cost-sensitive FWA networks. Our PERSPECTUS modules provide industry-leading capabilities, as we have worked closely with our lead customers to ensure our system meets the performance and reliability requirements of network providers.”
Critical features of the PERSPECTUS system include:
- A complete family of 60 GHz modules suitable for AP and STA devices
- Three distinct phased array antenna configurations offering different gain and coverage
- Support for dish reflectors
- Operation over V-band 57-71 GHz
- AP supports up to 32 clients(up to 2x number supported by competition)
- Peraso Directional Beam Scan and Connect for establishing long-range point-to-point and point-to-multipoint links
- Up to 10× the range in point-to-point links
- PERSPECTUS intelligent medium access protocol
- Automatic beamforming and continuous beam-tracking
- Configurable air-propagation time (supporting links up to 30 km)
- 1PPS synchronization support
- Bridge/relay mode enables extended networks and improved coverage
- Enhanced network management statistics, telemetry, and diagnostic messaging
For information about the products, availability and pricing, contact Peraso sales at: email@example.com.